Sunday, March 19, 2006

Day 2 at home...

It's been a couple days now that I've been a dad for the second time. I'm still getting used to that. It is really fun to have a baby girl. I was laughing with a friend yesterday about the nurse who was giving Hallie her first bath. She said to me, "Now, can you imagine giving her away at her wedding one day?" I was thinking to myself, "I can hardly imagine making it through middle school." I guess every parent feels this way at some point in time, or at least I have twice now, once about 20 months ago and again 2 days ago. Does that feeling ever go away? (I think I know that answer).

At the same time, though, there is this amazing peace and joy that has filled my heart and our home with little Hallie. Gabe is still clueless about how his life has changed, I guess for that matter, so am I. So we're chugging along as one happy no-so-little family. Kaley's mom is here and will be for a few more days, that has been awesome. I wish she could stay longer, but in a week or so other reinforcements will arrive (right mom?)!! Hope you all enjoyed the pictures from yesterday, I'll try to add a few more tomorrow.

Lord, thanks for Hallie. She is precious and wonderful, please help me to be the Father she needs and deserves.

No comments: