Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new day has come


I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. It's hard to really believe what we were witness to last night, a truly historic thing, and watching the people in Grant Park, I couldn't help but smile and imagine what might be in the days, weeks, and months to come. I felt very proud to vote in this election, to be a part of helping our country move into a new day, with the first African American president, and to see that people from all races, economic backgrounds, etc had come together, united, because of a belief that working together we really can make a difference. I'm excited about the road ahead, looking forward to what's coming, trying to keep a realistic view of progress, but overall thankful for being alive at this time and in this place.

No comments: