Saturday, April 30, 2005

NICU Reunion


NICU Reunion
Originally uploaded by Karlos_.
Today was the reunion party for the NICU where my son was for about 11 days. It is hard to believe that he was once about 6 lbs and fighting for his little life when you see him today, 26 lbs and full of life and smiles! It's awesome to see how God works in amazing ways, He is so faithful.

I was reminded of this especially as we got to see one of the nurses who cared for Gabe while in the hospital. I can remember how scared Kaley and I were and how blessed we were to have a woman named Geannie to take care of Gabe. She was one of the first nurses Kaley got a chance to talk with, and she was so loving and tender with Gabe, and patiently answered every single question Kaley and I had, and believe me, there were plenty. What a blessing it was to have someone who could comfort us and help us understand all that was happening, she really held our hands and walked with us down a long dark road.

Just another reminder of how God works all the time, even when we can't see him, He is there comforting and loving us through the arms of His people. I am so thankful for the men and women who serve so faithfully and patiently in the NICU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that nurse was to us! Such a Christ-like spirit!

Kaley